Amalgamated Security Regional Recognition Awards Programme Ceremony for Public Law Enforcement 2016
Awards Programme Ceremony for Public Law Enforcement 2016
In 2016, the second annual Amalgamated Security Services Regional Recognition Award Programme for Public Law Enforcement ceremony was held in the lovely country of Suriname. The ceremony took place during the Association of Caribbean Commissioners of Police’s (ACCP) Annual General Meeting & Conference at the Royal Torarica Hotel in Paramaribo, Suriname, from the 16th to the 19th May 2016. On day two of the conference Amalgamated Security Services hosted its Awards Ceremony at a picturesque Surinamese location, nestled on the banks on the Suriname River which offers a breathtaking view of ships sailing up the river into the Port of Paramaribo from the Atlantic Ocean.
In 2016, ten officers were recognized in three categories.
Top Caribbean Career Move:
- Inspector Leo Anglin, Royal Cayman Islands Police Service
- Woman Inspector Vena Butler, Trinidad, and Tobago Police Service
- Assistant Superintendent Bryan Isaacs, Corps Politie
Top Caribbean Crime Fighter:
- Ag. Detective Chief Inspector Adrian Kartick, Royal British Virgin Islands Police Force
- Inspector Ray John Royal Antigua and Barbuda Police Force
- (a) Constable Clifford Charles, Royal Grenada Police Force
(b) Senior Superintendent David Abraham, Trinidad and Tobago Police Service
Top Caribbean Community Policing Officer:
- Corporal Ted King, Royal St. Lucia Police Force
- Sergeant Dianne Dumont, Royal Grenada Police Force
- Constable Odale Mulgrave, Royal Cayman Islands Police Service
Amalgamated Security Services invited all ten awardees to all expenses paid trips to Suriname where they received their trophies publicly in front of the attending police commissioners, local law enforcement officials, and other invited guests. The three first-place winners additionally were awarded a cash prize of US$5,000.00 by Amalgamated Security Services.
At the ceremony, Amalgamated Security Services received raved reviews and positive feedback from the winners, runner-ups, the ACCP organizing committee as well as the Commissioners of Police from the various ACCP.